Saturday, August 31, 2013

Week 7

Seventh week, lucky number seven!  This week was more fun in my country than ever before.  Last weekend is what I'm especially talking about.  There have been some difficulties though throughout the week.  No matter what the difficulties or what good comes my way, still I will love my Father.

Friday's deaf believer gathering was just as successful as last week's!  This time I did the body (1 Cor. 12:12-27).  It was even harder than the true vine story.  It was also longer, so it was more difficult for the deaf people to retain the story in their heads.  However, I learned that more visuals helped.  The teacher of the deaf believers just happened to have a picture of a body and flashcards of various body types.  They got a good laugh as I made the eye fight with the hand, but they did get just how foolish that is, just like it's foolish for the body of believers to fight each other.  The simple, humorous illustration of body parts fighting each other had a profound effect on their understanding on what it means to be a part of the body of JC.  Thanks to the Comforter for giving them understanding of the story and for the privilege and honor of sharing His stories with the deaf people here.  I can't wait for next Friday's gathering!

Saturday, I had a chance to go to the zoo.  Man was the zoo huge!  They had various types of animals, tigers, bears, lions, oh my!  They also had zebras, hippos, ostriches, horses, rhinos, various birds, and monkeys.  They had countless types of monkeys at the zoo, so they sure do mean monkey business.  I really sweated bullets at the zoo, but I asked the Father numerous ties before I visited to not let it get to me.  He sure fulfilled that promise as He provided cloud cover numerous times where there were no trees.  Praise Him!  I went with my supervisors and three other deaf locals, also my friends.  I took quite a number of pictures as you probably saw.  I rode the bus to and from the zoo, which is new for me as that's more times than I usually ride the bus.  I quite enjoyed it.

Now on to the petition requests.  The internet company that I picked is still dodging actually checking out my internet problem because I suspect they're reluctant to give me my money back.  Please lift up the company to actually do their job and give me back my money so I can move on to another, better company for internet, which is critically important for my job here.  Another issue is that the building manager for my supervisors' residence has banned locals from visiting the residence, which means only foreigners would be allowed to visit.  As a result, this means that deaf people will no longer be able to visit my supervisors to learn the Father's stories.  My supervisors are displeased with this new ban.  So please lift up the manager and landlord to reverse this ban.  Also please lift me up, because as a result of this ban, until further notice deaf people could be coming to my house instead.  This puts pressure on me to be a good host to them.  I don't quite know how to do that just yet, so please do lift me up in this regard and so that I can effectively share stories with them when they visit.  Thank you all and bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment