Sunday, August 4, 2013

Week 3

This week's post is a little late, I know.  I actually forgot about it in all the excitement that happened that day!  Anyways, this week was just as exciting as last week's!  I finally got to meet my Deaf neighbors that will be living a couple of floors above me.  The man and his wife are both deaf.  They are Muslim, and were very excited to get to meet me.  They served me food, after food, after food, after food.  It's a cultural tradition to offer guests of their house insanely huge amounts of food.  Obviously no one could possibly finish all of this food, except for maybe world eating champions.  Seeing as I am not a world eating champion, I did not finish all the food.  It's definitely a new experience culturally for me.  People here are huge on hospitality.  After that night, I hope I'll be seeing more of them!  Lift them up so that they can know the Father.  And Lift me up as well so that the Father can use my hands to show my Deaf neighbors His story.

Next on the week's list, I also got to lead story discussion at our Deaf believers' gathering.  That was another first for me!  Since I was new, it was awkward for me to lead and hard for me to keep the group on track during story time and the discussion questions.  However, the Comforter and Helper lead me to abandon the story for now and focus on everyone getting to the Kingdom.  They previously thought they could not get to the Kingdom because they were deaf!  They thought that due to that, the Father could not hear their sign language and they could not hear Him.  As a result, they believed that an alternate was acceptable, namely good works.  My supervisors, who are hearing, tried many times to get them to understand they could go to the Kingdom.  They simply did not get it, probably because they were hearing and could not identify with them.  Now the Father inserted me into that situation.  Once they heard that I know I am going to the Kingdom in the end, their preconceived knowledge was shattered!  They finally had hope they could get to the Kingdom, since I also revealed good works were not enough and relying on the Son was the only way to get there!  Praise the Father!  Lift us up that more false preconceptions will be shattered and the truth will be made known to them.  Lift me up so that I will be more sensitive to the Comforter and Helper to guide me in sharing His truth to them.

Finally, I started moving stuff into my apartment and paid my first month's rent.  I now have fans, A/C and furniture in my apartment.  I now have to just rearrange my furniture to my liking and it'll be home sweet home!  Lift up the electricians that are working on my apartment that they will configure my apartment correctly.  Lift me up that I would not become complacent in my apartment, and go out of it and actively seek people of peace to share the Father's story with.  Exciting weeks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment