Sunday, August 11, 2013

Week 4

As always, this previous week was chock-full of new experiences!  I rode some buses and met some new deaf people.  I'll start off with my bus experience.

I rode the bus Friday.  It was the most uncomfortable experience of my stay so far.  We had a guide lead us to our city of designation, which was an hour and a half away.  Unfortunately, due to the holiday season it was hard to find a fairly priced bus.  So as a result, we stood for most of the time in the sun waiting for a decent bus to come.  It was incredibly hot, like over 80 degrees.  And we also did not take just one bus, but four different buses.  The last bus was the most uncomfortable.  I had to stand for what seemed like an hour, on a bumpy road, with nothing to hold on to, and mashed against the wall with so many people on the bus.  It was an experience that I would like not to repeat and in those moments I disliked the day.  However, after the events, I realized I was lucky to go through such an uncomfortable ordeal because it was the Father's way of placing me outside my comfort zone to experience new things and to live like a south Asian.  So overall, I'm grateful for the new, uncomfortable experience.  Lift me up that the Father may continue to place me outside my comfort zone whether I like it or not!

Then yesterday (Sunday), my deaf neighbors surprised us by visiting us.  Their stay lasted seven hours, and it tired me out so much.  However, it was such a good opportunity to share the Father's story with them.  I do not know if they understood, so please lift them up to understand the stories I will be teaching them in the upcoming weeks and months.  And also lift me up to share them in an accurate way faithfully.  I also met two new deaf people, one a believer and another a Muslim.  I don't know much about them yet, so just lift them up so they may understand His stories, and me for signing them accurately.  Such an exciting week and more to come, I'm sure!  Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment