Monday, August 26, 2013

Week 6

Well, it's now week 6 of my trip.  Now I am comfortable going to and from my apartment on my own.  Though I don't have the know-how of my supervisors when it comes to traversing my city, YET.  Last weekend I went on a visa run out of my country for two days in order to renew it.

My visa run was also considered a nice two day vacation.  I went to two malls and saw a movie.  Movie experience was interesting, because there was an intermission.  During the intermission, workers came with popcorn and drinks to sell.  The customer service of movie theaters in south Asia is better than America's!  I found and bought a portable Othello game.  I went to an award winning scary house which scared my pants off.  South Asians sure know how to scare people!  This trip wasn't the best part of my weekend though!  Friday was.

Last Friday I had the honor and privilege of teaching the gathering of Deaf brothers and sisters the story of JC as the true vine (Jn. 15:1-9).  The response was amazing!  Petition really does work beforehand as I fervently petitioned Father for the Deaf brothers and sisters to have their hearts and minds opened to receive that story.  I went through five questions and did the story before and between each question.  The story sure stuck in their mind by the fifth time.  I asked each one to come and perform the story.  Those that performed the story remembered most of the details!  The method of teaching Deaf people that was taught to me is a success here!  I get to teach again next Friday, so lift me up that the story will pierce their hearts and understanding just as this story did!  Father is really doing amazing things during my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment