Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week 5

This week was by far the most interesting for me!  This week I got to visit my deaf neighbor's family and I moved into my apartment!  Now I wish I was posting this week's blog in my apartment, but internet difficulties prevented me from doing that.  So this week's blog is still from my supervisor's house.  Please lift me up that the internet will work out because most of my work is dependent on the internet.  I'm having a guy look at it.  Anyways on to the deaf neighbor visit.

Thursday, I visited my deaf neighbor's family at his wife's house.  Just like my visit to my deaf neighbor's house, they fed me way more than I could actually hold.  I was well fed!  Again, they are Muslim and so is the wife's family.  I shared JC with my deaf neighbor and his wife.  My neighbor didn't seem receptive of it and actually tried to "correct" my teaching with his own.  However, the wife seemed more receptive and curious.  It's too bad that my neighbor actually shut off his wife's curiosity by telling her not to ask questions.  I did leave a classic drawing of JC being the bridge between us and the Father.  I left it up to the Spirit to touch the family's hearts with that drawing.  Please lift the family up that they will come to believe in JC as the only path to the Father.

One more interesting tidbit.  On the way to the family, I had to play frogger in heavy traffic.  At one point I was stuck between 2 buses going at least 15 mph and there was another coming towards the gap.  It was scary!  Also the taxi driver was going incredibly fast, weaving between pedestrians, rickshaws, auto-rickshaws and cars.  It was an interesting experience for all of us.  The Father really protected us as we went to and from the family's house!  I can't wait to see what this week will bring me, lessons from the Father and all.  Continue to lift me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment