Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 12

This week has been really busy!  There will be a team coming from Colorado here the 10th for a week, also doing what I've been doing for a few months now.  Last week I've been traveling a lot more than normal.  I've gone to a few different places and met new deaf people.  Exciting!  Today's Word lesson with my two deaf friends has also been successful.

Tuesday I had a spectacular mentoring time, talking about calling and how to recognize our calling from the Father.  I also videotaped yet another story I crafted from the Word.  If I haven't told you guys, I now know how to put the stories into mobile format and transfer them to Deaf peoples' phones so they can view it themselves whenever they want on their mobile devices.  Nifty!  Wednesday was unspectacular though due to protests keeping me inside.

Thursday I went to a different sector to buy a shirt that I custom ordered a week ago.  I love my new, blue, handmade shirt!  A Deaf person made it, by the way.  That Deaf person does not know sign language, so communicating with him was difficult.  But he enjoyed my presence as I observed him sewing a few clothing items for different customers.  He can sew like a pro!  You should have seen him on the machine: going really fast, snipping here and there, and all with no hesitation.  I can tell he's been doing this for years.

Friday, I went to the Deaf gathering as usual, but I did not lead story time.  The regular teacher taught about Abraham and Isaac.  I simply observed the lesson, and found myself understanding her better than before.  We had lunch there as well, and when I think about it, it was the same a month ago.  They must have lunch there the first Friday of every month.  Delicious, and spicy!

Saturday, my supervisors and I went to a different city to attend a Deaf meeting about funding.  I don't remember much about that meeting, because is there any funding meeting anywhere in the world that's memorable or fun?  Anyways after the meeting, the Deaf people led us to a training place where they train Deaf people to sew before sending them off to the factory to work a job.  There were A LOT of eyes on my supervisors and me, probably because we're foreigners.  I enjoyed chatting with the Deaf people there quite a bit.  Sunday was my Sabbath, so... that would be boring for you to read.  Moving on!

Today's Monday, and I taught my two deaf friends a new story yet again and put new videos on their mobile devices.  Once again, I had difficulty keeping the meeting focused on the story as my two deaf friends went off tangent multiple times.  I will learn how to better control the meeting eventually!  We also talked a little bit about the team from Colorado coming.  There are still a few details that need to be finalized before the team comes.

Please lift me up that I would better control the flow of Monday's meeting to focus on the Son, instead of our lives.  Also please lift me and my supervisors up as we plan for the days of the Colorado team.  There are still days that have nothing planned, and we need to fill them up.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment