Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 11

What a week!  Only two days really stand out in this post, Friday and today (Monday).  Friday was, of course, the Deaf believers gathering.  Monday was my usual Word study group with Deaf friends.  It's no surprise that my two favorite days involved me sharing stories from the Word.

Friday, the usual teacher has departed for the whole of October.  This means that I and my supervisors are now in charge of teaching the gathering for the whole month.  This is a great opportunity given to us by the Father!  I shared the story I crafted for that week.  I implemented techniques that I learned and had not yet put them into practice.  The first discussion is a recall of what happened in the story I just signed.  None of the people could really tell me what happened, so I employed the technique.  I had several people come up and put up a skit which I directed.  After witnessing the skit AND being in the skit, the people gained more of an understanding of what happened in the story.  It's a great technique to have in my arsenal in the quest for sharing the Word to the Deaf!  Then I proceeded to rest the rest of the weekend until Monday's (today's) lesson.

Today's lesson went really smoothly!  Today, I had two people show up.  I had the friend I taught for the longest teach the other friend stories under my supervision.  The friend did really well for his first time!  I hold high hopes for this friend to begin teaching the Word to his Deaf peers.  As for the other friend, I am excited to teach story-telling methods to a new person!  These two friends are what I had in mind for sharing the Word to the Deaf population.  I thank the Father for giving me these two friends to teach and disciple.  Please lift us up that the rest of the lessons will go according to His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment