Sunday, October 20, 2013

Week 14

I bet you're wondering why I'm posting my weekly blog a day early.  Well, read until the end to find out!  Anyways, the Colorado team left Friday, meaning my supervisors and I finally had a chance to relax after non-stop moving around the whole week.  We were very thankful for the help of the Colorado team the whole week in sharing with Deaf people.

Tuesday, we went to a Deaf person's city and shared with two houses.  The first house was my Deaf friend's family's house.  I'm sure I mentioned this same house in an earlier blog.  The family loved meeting the Colorado team.  They shared using pictures and the colored beads representing the good news.  The second house belonged to a family who was friends with my Deaf friend.  Two of the family members were Deaf.  We did not really share at this house, but we had fun socializing with them.

Wednesday was a Muslim holiday.  The team and I witnessed butchers slitting the neck of two cows and bleeding them out.  That was a sight I'd like to forget.  However, the following sight of them masterfully cutting up the meat and arranging it in third portions to give away to family, mosque and the poor people.  Overall, this was a good experience regardless of the beginning of the process.  After that, it was just more relaxing and I crafted one story.

Thursday was mostly quiet.  This day was the day before the team left to go back to the States.  So this day we shared what we learned the entire team's stay.  I also helped film their individual narratives of what they learned during their stay here.  Inclusive within the interviews were two of my Deaf friends and students, and also an interpreter who lives here.  We tried to go shopping, but the holidays were still mostly active, and so the majority of material shops were closed.  Only the food shops were open.  I and three other team members visited a house of someone they met on the plane here.  We ended up staying until nearly midnight.  We were exhausted that day!  It didn't help matters that they had to get up at 4am to go to the airport.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday (today) were mostly resting days.  So nothing really happened on these days.

Now for the finale of this blog, the very reason I am posting a day early.  I am going to... drumroll please... Thailand!  This is supposed to be for a visa run, but incidentally we will be staying there for a whole week as the embassy prepares my visa.  So this also doubles as a vacation!  Whoo!  However, I would also like to share with some Deaf people there as well.  So please ask Him for Deaf people that we can share with.  You all will be hearing of my adventures in Thailand when I return.  So look for that.  Bye y'all and see you on here when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment