Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 13

What a busy week and weekend!  A lot of this week was spent planning for a visiting team this weekend.  Right now, there is a team from Colorado staying with us to help us reach out to the Deaf community.  My supervisors and I couldn't be any happier!

Tuesday was spent planning for the weekend's events plus that of next week (this week).  My supervisors and I had the help of two Deaf friends, one of whose house we will visit tomorrow.  We already visited the town of the other friend.  We visited at a coffee shop, and boy we had some good coffee and a good chat!  We laid out a good plan for the Colorado team.

Wednesday was my normal mentoring time with my supervisors and I, so we went over what the Father had planned for us.  We also went over what will happen with the Colorado team.  A very brief meeting.

Thursday, the Colorado team came in the morning.  I met them at lunch time.  They're a good bunch, and I love them!  They've already shown they are really capable of reaching out to Deaf people.  We had orientation and devotional time at my supervisors' house.  That was fun.

Friday, the Colorado team, my supervisors and I went to the usual Friday Deaf believers gathering.  The Colorado team had a skit ready and a message as well.  An invitation was offered and I lead three Deaf men in petition to JC!  Praise the Father!  There were women as well, but I don't know the exact number.

Saturday, we went to the Deaf federation to meet their members and learn of what they do to help Deaf people.  We also visited the sewing training center that I visited just last week.  After that, we went to lunch and the same Deaf person with a message yesterday witnessed.  Once again, I was asked to lead in petition for three men to JC.  Wow, I see a trend going!  So that made a total of six people secured eternally!

Yesterday, Sunday, we went to one of my Deaf friend's house to see his family and another family with Deaf in it.  We made the story beads that are so popular worldwide to use, the one with the black, red, white, green, blue, green and yellow colored beads.

Today, Monday, I taught the Colorado team how to craft stories.  That is, how to draw stories from the Word in order to better sign them to the Deaf people.  We didn't finish a single story, but they had fun learning a new trade in the mission to reach out to Deaf people.  After that, I started my usual lesson with my two Deaf friends.  Both are doing pretty well in learning stories!  After that, all of us had a really long, fun conversation for three hours until we all had to go to our respective lodgings.  This week was really fun, and I can't wait to see what this week has in store for us!

Please lift us up that the rest of the week will go smoothly for the Colorado team.  And also please lift up the people that we are supposed to lead to eternal security.  These are exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment