Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 10

I will be publishing all future blogs on Monday until further notice due to having to prepare for Monday's lesson with a Deaf student and plus I want to include said lesson in the blogs while it is fresh in my mind!

Honestly, not much happened this week.  This is what I would consider a "normal" week.  I crafted stories in sign language, had mentoring time with my supervisors and hung out at home in my free time.  This week was only exceptional because of my second visa run that weekend.  I also used an eastern toilet for number two the first time as well.  Teaching my Deaf student how to teach stories and lead discussion today was exceptional as well!

During my visa run, I visited the same mall I did last time because it has an exhaustive variety of stores and has good food.  I had a South Asian donut for the first time ever!  Way sweeter than our donuts, which was great!  I visited a second mall which I have not visited last time.  This outdoor mall reminded me of street markets, except that it still had a roof over all the stores.  The layout was confusing and the maps hardly helped.  We still had a great time there though!  The next day we visited the place where Mother Theresa stayed and was buried, wow!  It was a humble abode and I was filled with awe at how simple her accommodations were.

Then I came back and had my Sabbath on Sunday.  Today, I taught Animash the story of 3000 converts in Acts.  It was a longer story this time and we did not have time to film it.  We went off tangent sometimes to talk about our lives and in what ways life here was similar to American life.  I had a small discussion of what would happen in the end times, which was interesting.  He is blooming into a good student and I cannot wait to see what a fine teacher he'll become!  That's it for this week, tune in next time for week 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment