Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 9

This week was interesting!  I waited until later to publish this because I had one last thing to do before writing this blog that I just had to include in this post.  Many firsts were done this week.  I traveled, I taught, I met new people, oh my!  If this is a taste of what is to come, I sure like it.

First, I went to the believers' gathering Friday as usual.  The reins were handed over to the usual teacher, but I did help portray the story through a short skit of it.  The Deaf loved the skit because it really showed what happened in the story.  After the gathering, I went back to my supervisors' house with a friend to eat lunch there.  After one hour, my friend and I left to go to a Deaf meeting in another city, WITHOUT my supervisors!  I finally went somewhere far away without my supervisors and only a Deaf guide.  It was a first for me, and I loved the adventure!  At the Deaf meeting, so many people asked me questions about America and how I liked and adjusted to my country of assignment.  When the official meeting started, I was asked to introduce myself, and they were impressed by me signing their language.  That was a fun night.  The Deaf friend took me home and saw my house for the first time ever.  He loves it, of course.

Saturday, I went to a birthday party at an American club.  The kid turned ten.  I swam, ate lunch and cake, and watched the birthday boy open his presents.  He got several cans of my favorite drink, root beer.  Boy, was I jealous.  My favorite part of this day was playing with a younger child in the pool.  He's so cute!  I previously played Wii with him.  Sunday, I just rested because that's my self-appointed Sabbath each week.

Today, Monday, I finally got into teaching one of my Deaf friends my method of storytelling and discussion.  He holds much promise and I cannot wait to see the end product of his training!  I taught him for five hours straight, which will probably become a normal thing every Monday.  In two weeks I'll have another Deaf person joining us.  I'm really excited to have Deaf people, who actually live here, to start teaching their own people.  That is why I came here!

Lift up the people I am teaching and will teach.  They need to be able to understand the most effective story-telling methods and be able to teach their friends the good news!  Oh and by the way, this post is written from my own house!  I finally have internet where I live, praise the Father!  What did I tell you, many firsts!

No comments:

Post a Comment